Episcopal High School, a day school of 800 students (grades 9-12), is seeking a School Administrative Assistant for a full-time non-exempt position to manage the administrative and logistical processes of a dynamic high school reception desk and Associate Head of School office. The candidate for this position will be part of a high-energy, fast-paced high school environment. Regular work hours are Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm with additional hours required during the academic year, with occasional evenings for events.
The School Administrative Assistant’s daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answer main switchboard and transfer all calls to appropriate extensions.
- Provide assistance to students, parents, and guests as needed.
- Monitor visitor log.
- Monitor pickup and delivery services.
- Check and organize mail.
- Filing, printing, scanning.
- Ordering office supplies when needed.
- Receive items from parents and forward to students and faculty.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School or Associate Head of School.
- Oversee school calendar including scheduling facilities and food and maintenance requests.
- Collect and enter all data from SchoolDude site onto Web (external) calendars.
- Resolve conflicts and reschedules accordingly.
- Answer questions from faculty and staff about scheduling events.
- Collect Limited Permission Forms and Certificate of Insurance for rentals.
- Call meetings and meet with representatives of all areas of school twice a year in Calendar Committee (with Asst. Head).
- Prepare calendar for Student/Parent Handbook and Back-to-School packet.
- Posting Lunch menu and Daily Chapel on school website.
Duties for Associate Head:
- Manage calendar for Associate Head of School including but not limited to setting up meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Perform general administrative assignments that can be done from Front Desk for Associate Head.
Duties for Chaplains:
- Prepare daily chapel service sheets and distribute to all relevant parties (i.e., readers, technology, musicians, priests, etc.).
- Prepare and update chapel calendar.
- Coordinate with relevant groups (music, theatre, etc.).
- Schedule lectors and acolytes.
- Prepare slide show presentations when chapel is in theatre.
- Communicate and coordinate outside speakers and presenters.
- Administer support for student retreats.
- Post-High School course work, technical degree, associate’s degree or business certificate preferred.
- Strong general office clerical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and web-posting.
- Experience in an education environment is preferable.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to use copier, fax machine and multifunction telephone system.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with a wide and diverse range of people: students, parents, college representatives, and employees of EHS.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and simultaneously, with meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Maintain professional and gracious demeanor.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work the occasional evening and or attend special events.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
- Generally works in standard office conditions and climate.
- Works in a highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
Interested candidates are asked to e-mail a cover letter, resume, and contact information of four references to Lauren Newton, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. The request to complete and submit via regular mail or email an employment application (https://www.ehshouston.org/about/employment) will be made later in the process.