The Advancement Associate position reports to the Director of Advancement. This position will support various activities within the advancement office including special events. The individual will have the following specific responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Assist the planning and coordinating various on campus events managing the support duties including: correspondence, vendor management, set up, and invoice and check management.
- Coordinates and manages department meetings, managing all meeting related needs including: reserving space, preparing printed materials and minutes, and various follow-up actions.
- Assists in written correspondence, including letters, condolences, emails, and event invitations.
- Assists with graphic design needs and photography of school events.
- Assists with social media posts.
- Creates and organizes Advancement reports including but not limited to documents for board committees and team meetings.
- Maintains Advancement records, assists with data entry in Senior Systems database.
- Manages all travel and budget for Advancement Office’s, including travel arrangements for conferences and other related events.
- Assists with large mailings, event planning and set up, and other office projects.
- Other office management including: office supplies, purchase orders, and credit cards.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year institution preferred, but not required.
- Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proficiency with database applications, experience with Senior Systems preferred, but not required.
- Experience with social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all constituents in a school setting, both volunteers and employees of EHS.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Attention to detail; demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Friendly demeanor, happy to greet new people and make them feel welcome.
- Demonstrate professionalism in all aspects of the job.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
- Generally works in standard office conditions and climate.
- Works in a highly stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
Interested candidates are asked to e-mail a cover letter, resume, and contact information of four references to Peggy Haney, Director of Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org. The request to complete and submit via regular mail or email an employment application (https://www.ehshouston.org/about/employment) will be made later in the process.