Campus Security Guard
The Campus Security Guard reports to the Director of Safety and Security. This supports Episcopal High School by providing a safe environment so that the students and faculty can put their full attention into learning, teaching, and growing. The Campus Security Guard position is responsible for assisting with the protecting, securing and promoting safety and security. The individual will have the following specific responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Understanding of safety and security procedures for a high school environment that includes before/after school activities, school time activities, visitor access, and building and emergency management.
- Possess the knowledge of, and willingness to learn, security-based technology to aid the school with security camera monitoring and troubleshooting, gate access controls, and door access controls.
- Provide leadership and direction to the off-duty Police Officers and contract security guards.
- Monitors assigned areas in a manner assuring maximum visibility of the security presence, including but not limited to parking lots, event areas, campus access gates systems, camera systems, and student dismissal and late arrivals.
- Assist Director of Facilities and the Director of Safety & Security with scheduling security services for special events.
- Support the Director of Facilities with faculty and staff parking assignments and distribution of parking permits and RFID tags.
- Identify and accurately report all incidents and accidents, including but not limited to fire and safety hazards, suspicious activities, or breaches of security, using the correct documentation.
- Exhibit good judgement for traffic control on campus before and after school, as well as for major campus events.
- Duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities and/or Director of Safety and Security or school leadership.
- Position requires a high school diploma or Associate’s degree in a related field from an accredited four-year institution (preferred, but not required).
- 3-5 years related experience with familiarity in safety, security and facilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with a wide and diverse range of people, both parents and employees of EHS.
- Ability to successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
- Ability to operate security specific technology for door access controls, video monitoring systems, gate access controls, and lockdown systems.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle, both electric and gas powered.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with a wide and diverse range of people within and outside of our community of EHS.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to understand follow, and enforce safety procedures, protocols, and regulations.
- Ability to detect problems and security risks, and reporting information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to complete routine paperwork.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Moderate physical activity that may require the handling of materials up to 50 pounds and/or standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme hot and cold, and inclement weather.
- Works in a fast pace environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- May also work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
Interested candidates are asked to e-mail a cover letter, resume, and contact information of four references to Lauren Newton, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. The request to complete and submit via regular mail or email an employment application (https://www.ehshouston.org/about/employment) will be made later in the process.