Communications Associate Director
Communications Associate Director
The Communications Associate Director position reports to the Director of Communications and Marketing. This position will work with the Advancement Team and other stakeholders to help design, produce, and deliver the internal and external communications needs for Episcopal High School. The individual will have the following specific responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Work closely with the Director to produce a wide variety of annual communication elements, including magazines, event-related materials, invitations, e-newsletters, website stories and graphics, marketing/PR materials, brochures, catalogs, and other social media content.
- Assist with the building and maintaining of school social media platforms, including the EHS website, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Help manage the school’s expanding video and photography efforts – including shooting and editing videos and photographing weekend and evening events.
- Coordinate the graphic design output for EHS. Develop and maintain high-quality graphics for all printed materials, along with website and other online needs.
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics of print and web publications.
- Help design and launch the materials associated with the annual fund and capital campaign efforts.
- Work with the Director of Communications to manage the communications team budget, including processing invoices and maintaining relationships with related vendors.
- Assist the Director of Communications with identifying, developing, and executing the broad communications strategy for internal/external communications and media contacts.
- Research media coverage and industry trends.
- Develop fresh story ideas for both web content and the Pillars magazine.
- Other duties, as assigned and directed, including assisting with other advancement-related projects and events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, or graphic design or communications with three years of experience.
- Must be proficient with all programs in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator.
- Must have superior written and oral communications skills and a flexible, can-do attitude.
- Must have strong attention to detail; demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Must have a professional demeanor.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Ability to respond and follow through on all assignments and responsibilities in a timely manner; use time efficiently.
- Demonstrate confidence interacting with all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- Identify and implement work process improvement opportunities.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
- Generally works in standard office conditions and climate.
- Works in a fast-paced environment dealing with a wide variety of deadlines and a varied and diverse array of contacts.
- Works at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
Interested candidates are asked to e-mail a cover letter, resume, and contact information of four references to Claire Fletcher, Director of Communications & Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org. The request to complete and submit via regular mail or email an employment application (https://www.ehshouston.org/about/employment) will be made later in the process.