Director of Alumni Affairs
Episcopal High School, a day school of 800 students (grades 9-12), is seeking a Director of Alumni Affairs for a full-time exempt position to advance the Mission of Episcopal High School through fundraising, cultivation, and stewardship. The candidate for this position will be part of a high-energy, fast-paced high school environment. Regular work hours are Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm with additional hours required during the academic year, with occasional evenings for events.
- Serve as the primary contact person for alumni, representing their interests to EHS.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of alumni, their attitudes toward involvement with EHS, and their potential to serve and support the school in volunteer and philanthropic opportunities.
- Work with the prospect management team (Development & capital campaign) to actively develop and manage alumni volunteer and donor prospects, taking responsibility for their cultivation and increased engagement with EHS.
- Encourage alumni to attend on-campus events.
- Actively cultivate and steward alumni volunteer and donor prospects, taking responsibility for their cultivation and relationship with Episcopal.
- Develop agendas, handle setups, SchoolDude and refreshments, and send reminders for department meetings.
- Maintain the alumni database with updates and other pertinent information.
- Oversee the maintenance of the alumni web page.
- Oversee Social Media efforts of alumni accounts.
- Oversee the editing of the alumni section in the Pillar Magazine.
- Write the Alumni Newsletter twice a year.
- Develop and implement a full program of on-campus and off-campus alumni events.
- Plan and coordinate Alumni Weekend awards dinner.
- Provide support to milestone class host committees for individual reunions.
- Manage direct mailings to alumni throughout the year.
- Partner with Director of Annual Giving on fundraising initiatives.
- Report to Database and Information Systems Manager any Development related information
- Wedding announcements and other news items related to alumni
- Death notices for alumni/parents/grandparents/other constituents
- Other duties as assigned.
- Plan and implement events related to Alumni, collaborating with other departments on campus as appropriate, including but not limited to: reunions, Alumni Leadership Day, Homecoming, Alumni Brunch, Directors’ Council committees, and other alumni events.
- Develop programs and mixers.
- Coordinate alumni receptions in various cities.
- Assist in any other Development Department special events as needed including but not limited to: Field Knight, Founders Day, Grandparents Day, and more.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution (preferred, but not required).
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with a wide and diverse range of people, both volunteers and employees of EHS.
- Friendly demeanor, happy to greet new people and make them feel welcome.
- Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Proficiency with database applications (experience with Senior Systems preferred, but not required).
- Proficiency in Finalsite and social media.
- Strong written communication skills.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
- Generally works in standard office conditions and climate.
- Works in a an occasionally stressful environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts. Must be able to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
Interested candidates are asked to e-mail a cover letter, resume, and contact information of four references to Lauren Newton, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. The request to complete and submit via regular mail or email an employment application (https://www.ehshouston.org/about/employment) will be made later in the process.