The Head Librarian is an energetic and enthusiastic leader for learning, with an innovative approach that draws on the school’s many resources to support students, faculty, and the community. The successful candidate will lead the community with opportunities for exploring information: using authoritative databases and resources and finding its best use. The Underwood Library is an educational nexus that brings together research, technology, learning support programs, our speaker series, and other innovative resources that excite and engage.
- A Master's of Library Science (MLS), Master's of Library and Information Science (MLIS), or similar degree
- Previous experience working in a library or media center, preferably in a lead role at an independent, college preparatory, or similar school setting
- The ability to use databases, resources, and technology that help faculty integrate it into their curriculum, and similarly with students and their work
- A passion for research and media
- An interest and passion for working with students and faculty; interpersonal skills that promote positive and productive outcomes
- Curiosity and creativity
Interested candidates are asked to e-mail a letter, resume, and contact information of four professional references to Jay Berckley, Dean of Arts and Innovation, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The request to complete and submit via regular mail an employment application will be made later in the process.