Maintenance Employee - Level III
DEPARTMENT MISSION: The operations department supports the Episcopal High School by providing a safe and clean environment so that the students and faculty can put their full attention into learning, teaching, and growing. We strive to keep the facilities problem free by maintaining the current systems, correcting problems in a timely manner, and providing guidance for the future growth of the campus.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Individual must be highly motivated willing to perform manual labor in connection with maintenance of the school’s buildings and grounds. Must be able to work a flexible work schedule and in inclement weather.
- Perform general maintenance tasks and assists Maintenance Level l and Maintenance Level II employees in the performance of a variety of general tasks for the care and maintenance of the buildings and grounds, including but not limited to the following requirements:
- The job requires prolonged standing, walking, bending and stooping; lifting and carrying heavy objects on level surfaces and/or stairways; on ladders; and on scaffolding up to 25 feet in height;
- The job requires the use of a variety of indoor and outdoor hand tools;
- The job requires re-lamping of a variety of lighting fixtures;
- The job requires ability to work outdoors in inclement weather;
- The job requires general labor and responsibility for event set-ups, deliveries and moves;
- The job requires the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all jobs or tasks requiring PPE equipment
- The job requires painting and staining skills and the use of paint and paint sundries;
- The job requires operating carpentry tools and the skills necessary to perform skilled carpentry work;
- The job requires the operation of pickup trucks, vans, tractor, trucks, and other heavy duty mechanical equipment;
- The job requires the use of a variety of small power tools;
- The job requires the skills necessary to operate power lift equipment;
- The job requires the skills to perform basic plumbing repairs;
- The job requires the skills necessary to perform basic electrical repairs such as fixture, ballast or switch replacement;
- The job requires Monitoring of some HVAC equipment;
- The job requires the skills necessary to perform some skilled plumbing repairs;
- The job requires the skills necessary to supervise and coordinate the assignments of other Maintenance Staff employees as necessary;
- The job requires the skills necessary to supervise and direct the maintenance Staff, in the absence of the Maintenance Director, and assure that all scheduled assignments and tasks are completed in a satisfactory manner;
- The job requires assisting with additional tasks as assigned by school leadership;
- The job requires that each individual works to support the school’s leadership and mission.
Interested candidates are asked to e-mail a letter, resume, and contact information of four professional references to Robert Buckelew, Director of Facilities, at rbuckelew@EHSHouston.org