Part Time Asst. Librarian
The Assistant Librarian position will report to the Librarian. This position is responsible for providing library services support to the entire community of students, faculty and administration. This individual will be responsible for the following specific responsibilities, but not limited to:
• Provides exemplary customer service to our student, parents, faculty and staff.
• Assists patrons in locating and using materials and online resources.
• Helps to maintains the library collection; includes shelving and shifting books, adding/withdrawing
books, mending and repairing books, and assisting with inventory.
• Maintains a clean and orderly library environment.
• Circulates library materials; checking materials in and out, send overdue announcements, and maintain
• Monitors students, handles discipline problems appropriately, and responds to student, faculty and staff
needs. • Open or close the library according to procedures.
• Assists Librarians with the creation and promotion of book displays (print, audiobooks, eBooks) and
• Provides basic troubleshooting for technology resources in the library.
• Assist with photocopying, scanning, and printing.
• Takes initiative and is proactive with the daily operations of the library. • Bring up-to-date and visionary thinking about libraries and understand current technologies and methodologies that support school libraries.
• A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year institution.
• Platforms used: Microsoft 365, Canva, Alexandria, NoodleTools, Sora, LibGuides, and database products including Gale, Infobase and EBSCO. • Other duties as assigned.
• 2 years’ experience, working in a school library or youth library setting preferred.
• Friendly demeanor, happy to greet new people and make them feel welcome.
• Ability to work evenings as needed.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all constituents in a school setting, both students, parent volunteers, and employees of EHS.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Willingness to learn.
• Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely
manner, organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines. • Attention to detail; demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
• Demonstrate professionalism in all aspects of the job.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
• Occasionally lift up to 30 pounds
• Ability to push and pull book carts, and to bend, crouch, stretch, and crawl while holding books; the
noise level of the work environment is moderate to loud.
• Generally works in standard office conditions and climate.
• Works in a fast-paced environment dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines and a varied and
diverse array of contacts.
• May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time.
Interested candidates are asked to e-mail a cover letter, resume, and contact information of four references to Lauren Newton, Director of Human Resources at Lnewton@ehshouston.org . The request to complete and submit via regular mail or email an employment application (https://www.ehshouston.org/about/employment) will be made later in the process.