The mentoring program at Episcopal High School serves to support, develop, and inspire faculty and staff in their first two years at EHS. Through conversations, observations, feedback, and reflection, the program aims to enhance collegiality and promote excellence in fulfilling the school’s mission.
Hillary Houle, Mikel Jones, (for teachers in first year at EHS)
Karen Foster (for teachers in second year at EHS)
The directors work closely with the mentors, department chairs, and the dean of faculty. Their responsibilities and activities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Serve as an additional resource in the areas of teaching methods, classroom management, and general procedures.
- Design and implement a two-day orientation and monthly workshops for teachers.
- Design and implement a one-hour training for mentors.
- Visit classes, with pre- and post-visit conferences to offer feedback on teaching.
- Have regular one-on-one meetings with teachers to celebrate success, to discuss questions or concerns, and to plan for further development.
- Follow up with mentors and department chairs to ensure efficient and effective support for teachers.
- Meet regularly with the Dean of Faculty to share progress and discuss concerns or ideas.