The Theatre Department emphasizes the students’ development in all aspects of theatre: understanding technical vocabulary; familiarity with the history of drama and dramatic performance; and exploration of personal creativity and imagination through improvisation, pantomime, monologue, and scene development. Courses in theatre not only help students develop the craft of acting but also allow them to become knowledgeable in concepts of scene and prop design, set construction and lighting, rigging operation, and stage management. Through the study of theatre and stagecraft, students develop their emotional and sensory awareness and better appreciate the commitment and discipline necessary for the expression of this art form.
Scroll Down to see Current and Past Productions
EHS Onstage 2019-2020 Show Dates & Times
The Man Who Came to Dinner (by Kaufman & Hart)
September 27 – 28, 7pm; 29, 3pm : Underwood Theatre
King Charles III (by Mike Bartlett)
December 6 – 7, 7pm; 8, 3pm: Underwood Theatre
February 28 – 29, 7pm; March 1, 3pm: Underwood Theatre
Student Directed One Act Plays
April 23 – 24, 7pm: Underwood Theatre
- Spring 2017 Musical - "Lucky Stiff"
- Fall 2016 Play - "As You Like It"
- Fall 2015 Play - "Dracula"
- Spring 2015 Musical - "South Pacific"
- Fall 2014 Play - "Titus Andronicus"
- Spring 2014 Musical - "Legally Blonde"
- Fall 2013 Play - "Crucible"
- Spring 2013 Musical - "Seussical"
- Fall 2012 Play - "Midsummer Night's Dream"