Student Publications: Hexagon Yearbook
2019-2020 Hexagon Yearbook
Note: Tribute Pages are for purchase; Senior Pages are free. These are two separate pages.
Seniors:Aug 30 - Activities Form (English class assign.)
Sept 6- Quotes/Super/Etc. (English class assign.)
April 2020- Senior Video
Parents:Aug 30- Tribute Page Reservation
Sept 9 - Tribute Photos & Text Due
Sept 16 - Photo(s) for Senior Page Due
Seniors & Parents: Please adhere to deadlines so that we may ensure all is proofread and correct.
Hexagon Tribute Page
The deadline for yearbook Tribute Page reservation is August 30. Materials are due September 9.
STEP 2. Choose a design option
Option 1: Submit a camera-ready ad (.jpg is preferred, 300+ resolution, ready for print).
Option 2: Select a template. Choose photos that fit the photo orientations on the template.
Option 3: Design your own tribute with instructions for photo and text placement.
Option 4: Have the yearbook staff create a layout for you from scratch.
Note: We can size and crop your hard copy photos digitally.
3 TIPS FOR SELECTING PHOTOS:
1. Remember that yearbook page margins are 8X11, not 8.5X11.
2. Black and white photos are acceptable, but all yearbook pages are color. Send high-resolution photos only. Cell phone photos and low-res scans do not print well.
3. The staff encourages the submission of clear quality photos to ensure an optimal tribute space.
Note: We offer a one-time pdf proof of your tribute to your email address for approval. Please contact us with changes within one week of this proof email or the tribute will print as is.
Full page - $500
Senior Page (photos due September 16)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Due to contractual obligations with our publisher, the senior pages must be complete for print by the end of September. Text and photos will need to be submitted prior.
- To meet the deadline, the Senior Portrait is best taken over the summer, though it does not have to be done professionally. (Another pre-existing photo will be requested as soon as the new Yearbook staff meets to decide on senior page design as it relates to theme - for example, a baby photo.)
- Submission: Color or B&W - Digital (preferable) – 5 x 7 .jpg at 300 dpi minimum. Hard Copy - 5 x 7, high resolution. Photographers can email high resolution images to email@example.com.
Some photographers used in the past include the following:
Alvin Gee Photography: 713.647.0911
Alexander’s Fine Portrait: 713.682.6000
Amanda Holloway Photo : 936.755.4428
Carol Junell Photography: 713.467.5220
Casa de Camera: 832.640.3767
Haney and Whipple Portraits: 713.785.7151
Lesli Dabney Photography: 713.253.4236
Ling Wang Photography: 281.732.2632
Magnolia Portraits: 832.831.6661
Marc Nathan Photographers: 281.313.8934
Margaret Rotan Photography: 713.468.1176
N. Cole Photography: 713.385.6235
Paperhearts Photography: 833.746.3464
Rafte Photography : 713.907.1875
Trish Strangmeyer Photography: 713.661.2131
Despite our conscientious efforts to ensure that your Tribute Page and Senior Page comply with your requests, we regret that errors occasionally occur; once the yearbook has been produced, it is not possible for the company to reprint pages.
Extra Yearbook Sales: Every student receives a copy of the yearbook. Additional copies of "The Hexagon" can be purchased for $140. This is an extra copy for you or other family members. Producing a 500+ page yearbook is an enormous endeavor that involves many stages of proofreading and re-checking details.