Dear EHS Parents,
As noted in last week's version of Windows and in the new EHS Handbook, we have had several administrative changes this school year. To help you with any questions concerning day-to-day student life, please address your questions to the appropriate Grade Level Dean or to Dr. Antonio Avalos, our new Principal. Tony is quickly acclimating to our culture, and the students and teachers are getting accustomed to seeing him every day in the hallways. Please introduce yourself when you see him.
In addition, the School now has two Associate Heads of School. Evelyn Cambria, who has served the School the last 14 years as the Director of Finance & Operations, will continue to serve as the Chief Financial Officer overseeing finance and operations supporting the lives and work of our students and faculty. The Business Office, Human Resources, Facilities, Food Service, and the Student Clinic, as well as Admissions fall under her purview. Her new title is Associate Head of School for Finance & Operations. I moved from the Principal's office, but I am still focused on the Academic Pillar and the well-being of our students as the Associate Head of School for Academics & Student Life. All three of us are set for a tremendous school year, serving your students and getting to know you better.
- Kim Randolph
College Counseling Resources
- Seniors: Mandatory Senior Meetings will begin today, Tuesday, August 23 through Wednesday, August 24. Please plan to join us in Anderson Lecture Hall for this important meeting during your scheduled free period. If you do not have a free period, you will have your meeting on Tuesday, August 23, at 2:45p.m.
- Senior Parents: Please encourage your senior to schedule a conference with College Counseling. Seniors were sent an email with a Calendly link to easily facilitate scheduling.
- Seniors: 2022-2023 SAT TEST DATES There is still time to register with no late fee for the October 1 SAT by September 2. 2022-2023 ACT TEST DATES You can also register for the October 22 ACT with a registration deadline of September 16.
- ACT Science Section Test Prep for Seniors—Please register for the Free ACT Science Section Test Prep that will be facilitated by Mr. John Flanagan on Saturday, August 27, beginning at 12:00p.m. in Anderson Lecture Hall by emailing him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org . This test prep will be useful for the September and October ACT test dates.
- Save the Date: National College Fair taking place in Houston on Sunday, September 25, from 1:00p.m. - 4:00p.m.: https://www.nacacattend.org/22Houston
- Junior Parents: If you were unable to attend the MEETING FOR PARENTS OF THE CLASS OF 2024 program on August 10, please view the program handout here as well as the video link.
More information and details can be found on our Counseling Connections page.
Formal Picture Days August 25 and 26
Formal pictures will be taken during English classes on Thursday, August 25 (9th and 10th grades) and Friday, August 26 (11th and 12th grades). Students are required to wear their full formal uniform on the day they are scheduled to have their picture taken.
EHS Dance Premiere August 27
Come celebrate the first ever EHS Dance preseason concert, Emerging, on Saturday, August 27, in the Underwood Theatre at 7:00p.m.
Elevate, Impact and Repertory Dance Ensembles have been working hard since August 1 on new choreography. Under the direction of Mrs. Burgess and Ms. Pfeifer, the EHS dancers learned five pieces in six days from guest choreographers Oliver Halkowich, Aaron Medina, Dorrell Martin, Shelby Nunn and Terri Ayanna Wright.
You don't want to miss the opportunity to see the outstanding students of EHS Dance!
Back-To-School Knight September 1
Parents are invited to Back-to-School Knight Thursday, September 1, from 5:45-8:30p.m. Come meet your student's advisor and teachers. Wear comfortable shoes; you will follow your child's schedule which will take you throughout the campus. Please arrive at 5:45p.m. to allow for extra time to park, as this is a large event.
- 5:45p.m. Schedule pick-up in the Hildebrand Athletic Center Rotunda
- 6:15p.m. Program in Alkek Gym
- 6:30-8:00p.m. Mini-schedule to meet advisor and teachers
- 8:00-8:30p.m. Reception in USC
Random Plus Student Drug Testing Program (RPSDT)
There will be a parent information session on our Random Plus Student Drug Testing Program (RPSDT) on Thursday, August 25, from 6:00-7:00p.m. in the Underwood Student Center. Associate Head of School Kim Randolph will explain our drug testing program, and Angela Korvath from the Bellaire Menninger Clinic will speak about adolescent substance use and offer some tips for parents. All parents are invited.
Join us for the first Auction luncheon on September 16
Save the Date: Join us for the first Auction luncheon of the year Friday, September 16, held in the Alumni Center at 11:30a.m., hosted by Andrew and Stacey White. Wear your EHS spirit gear and invite your friends! Everyone is invited to attend the Auction lunches. Join the fun!
Auction luncheon RSVP
We are also looking to showcase businesses in our 2023 Auction catalog. Please commit to reserving ad space in our beautifully produced booklet, which will inspire and motivate those who work toward the success of The Greatest Knight. Businesses may reserve their space by clicking here.
Silent Auction: February 9-16, 2023
Live Auction: February 24, 2023
Looking Ahead: What is Interim Term?
Interim Term is a unique two-week opportunity in January for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors to enrich their EHS experience through the exploration of diverse topics unavailable in the regular curricular program. While seniors participate in Senior Outreach, 9-11 graders take courses that encourage them to explore personal interests or dive into new areas of study, through which they can discover and develop their individual talents and prepare for meaningful lives of service to others. All courses are pass/fail, and students are required to complete the term each year.
Interim Term and Senior Outreach 2023 will be held from Wednesday, January 4, to Friday, January 13.
In addition to the abundant Interim Term opportunities on campus, EHS offers travel experiences every January that are available for 9-11 graders. These trips will be announced in the coming weeks. The student selection process will be as follows:
- Once trips are announced, families will be given two weeks to submit their student's strong interest or intention to go on a trip.
- Families who require financial assistance will reach out to the business office.
- If a trip is oversubscribed after the two-week interest period, students will be selected by seniority by grade level and thereafter by lottery if necessary.
- Once preliminary rosters are finalized, students on the roster must pay their deposit to secure their spot.
- Additional details about the selection process will be clearly outlined at the time trips are announced.
For general information about Interim Term, as well as examples of the types of classes offered on campus, please see the Interim Term webpage.
If you have additional questions, please contact Andy Clack.
Tuesday - August 23, 2022
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Wednesday - August 24, 2022
Thursday - August 25, 2022
Saturday - August 27, 2022
Tuesday - August 30, 2022
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Wednesday - August 31, 2022
7:45 AM - 8:30 AM
Thursday - September 1, 2022
5:45 PM - 8:30 PM
Monday - September 5, 2022
Tuesday - September 6, 2022
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Featured News & Upcoming Events
Episcopal High School - 4650 Bissonnet Bellaire, Texas 77401
©17-18 EHS Windows | Director of Communications - Jessica Morales | email