Hello EHS Parents,
Wow what a weekend! Puffs was a roaring success, playing to outstanding audiences with enormous energy. Our students, faculty & staff were able to enjoy the show last week with an all-school preview followed by three well attended public performances. Thank you to all who participated in the production and to all who continue to support theater at EHS. Keep an eye out for Julius Caesar in November.
It's homecoming week! Let's get out there and support our EHS Knights!
ISM Survey Deadline
Thank you to all who filled out the ISM survey! One of the most important projects the School undertakes every five years is to create a Strategic Plan.
We are extending the deadline one more day. It only takes a few minutes to complete. We appreciate your attention and prompt response. The survey will remain open until 11:59 p.m. today.
Tomorrow! Join us Wednesday for the
INDIEFLIX film "Angst!"
Parents will have two opportunities to come see the film "Angst" and learn about adolescent anxiety. The INDIEFLIX film will be shown at the September 21 Parent Forum (Anderson Lecture Hall: lunch available at 11:30 a.m. with the film starting at 11:45 a.m.) and again that evening for the Choices Family Movie Night (Underwood Student Center at 6:30 p.m. Register to join us here). Students, families, faculty, and staff members are all invited to attend the evening film viewing. Participants will be given a take-home packet of family discussion questions, information, and resources.
Homecoming Week September 19 to 23 Spirit Dress
Monday: Class Colors
Tuesday: Red Carpet Knight
Wednesday: Favorite Festive Fit (Holiday)
Thursday: Throwback Thursday
Friday: Homecoming Spirit Day
Pep Rally 1:30 p.m.
Football Game 7:00 p.m.
HOCO package: $35
Our game is on September 23 vs. Legacy -- Come out and support our Knights!
September 24 A Knight at the Luau
Encourage your students to join their fellow Knights for our Homecoming Dance on September 24 from 8:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Location: USC (Enter through Glassell)
Tickets: $20 Sold September 14 to 23 in USC during lunch.
Shirts: $15 Sold September 14 to 23 in USC during lunch.
(HOCO Package $35)
Guests: $20 1 Guest per EHS Student and must be approved in advance. Please have your student stop by the Attendance Desk for a guest form, which was also emailed to them last week.
Every Knight, Every Year!
Thank you to those who have given to the EHS Fund! We are at 46% to our $1,850,000 goal, having raised $845,850 so far. Show your support by making your gift or pledge today!
Current Status: $845,850
EHS Fund Participation by Class:
2023 31% 56/183
2024 36% 73/202
2025 27% 54/201
2026 26% 53/204
Total 35% 274/790
Questions? Contact Lauren Turner, Director of Annual Giving, by email or phone 713-470-5043.
College Counseling News
- Save the date: National College Fair taking place in Houston on Sunday, September 25, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.: https://www.nacacattend.org/22Houston
- Seniors working on portfolios for their college applications: Take advantage of National Portfolio Day for Texas students on Saturday, September 24, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in Austin, TX [Austin Convention Center, 500 East Cesar Chavez Street, Austin, TX, 78701 United States (map)]. Registration details can be found here.
- Senior, Junior, & Sophomore Parents: Invitation to Understanding the College Financial Aid Process Program on September 28. Understanding the College Financial Aid Process, will be held on the St. John's campus in the Fine Arts Annex, and run from 6:30-7:30 p.m. that evening. For any initial questions on parking and directions to the event space, our Campus Map & Directions webpage has the Fine Arts Annex (F) right across the street from visitor parking (P). This opportunity is meant for grades 10-12, and will feature the following financial aid and admission professionals sharing their knowledge, updates, and important aspects of the financial aid process for attending families: Ms. Jennifer Mertz, Assistant Vice Provost of Financial Services and Director of Financial Aid at Lehigh University; Mr. Chad Spencer, Senior Associate Dean of Admission and Financial Aid/Director of Financial Aid at Davidson College; and Ms. Eleanor Wu, Deputy Director of Financial Aid at Claremont McKenna College. All those planning on attending this program will need to submit an RSVP through the following form.
- Seniors: 2022-2023 SAT TEST DATES There is still time to register with a late fee for the October 1 SAT by September 20. 2022-2023 ACT TEST DATES You can also register for the October 22 ACT with a late registration deadline of September 30.
- Senior & Junior Families: College Representative Visits to EHS continue this week. Please encourage your senior or junior student to register in their Naviance student account. Please view all upcoming visits on our College Counseling calendar.
- Seniors: Are you planning to apply for financial aid in college? You can begin by creating your FSA ID here and then start completing your FAFSA October 1. Be sure to visit our "Paying for College" page on Counseling Connections for more detailed information.
More information and details can be found on our Counseling Connections page.
September Luncheon was a hit!
Thank you to Stacey and Andrew White for hosting our September Auction Luncheon! We also want to recognize all of those who helped decorate and showcase all things EHS! It was a wonderful way to kick off Auction 2023.
Please save the date for our October Luncheon on Thursday, October 20, at the home of Lisa and Shawn Wendell.
Join the Mental Health Counselors and Chaplains for Coffee and Conversation
On the last Wednesday of each month, from 7:45 a.m. - 8:30 a.m., parents are invited to drop by the Bishop's Parlor for coffee.
Drop in! Meet this support team & ask questions – or just enjoy some coffee! We'll see you on September 28.
Episcopal High School - 4650 Bissonnet Bellaire, Texas 77401
©17-18 EHS Windows | Director of Communications - Jessica Morales | email