Hello EHS Parents,
It is finally beginning to feel like fall! The sun is shining, the fields are full of athletes, and we are in the middle of an exciting week at EHS! We invite you to participate in Giving Day with us on Thursday by making a gift or pledge to the EHS Fund! We follow up this important day by celebrating Founders Day on Friday, with special guest The Rev. Laurens A. Hall. Please remind your student(s) to wear their formal uniform for Founders Day.
EHS Fund: Every Knight, Every Year
Show your support of EHS on Giving Day with a gift or pledge to the EHS Fund! We are 60% to our goal of $1,850,000 and we are heading into Giving Day with $50,000 in challenge dollars. Help us reach our goal by making a gift in honor of your favorite Pillar, faculty member, or class year!
Current Status: $1,116,682
EHS Fund Participation by Class:
2023 39% 71/183
2024 48% 97/202
2025 40% 80/201
2026 40% 82/204
Total 42% 330/790
Questions? Contact Lauren Turner by email or phone 713-470-5043.
College Counseling News
We are happy to announce that Rachel Lopez has delivered her healthy baby boy. She will return to EHS in January. In the meantime, our seniors know they are in good hands with our College Counseling team as we support them with the various components of the college search and application process. Congratulations to Rachel and family!
- Sophomores and Juniors: Please keep in mind you will take the Pre-ACT (sophomores) and PSAT (juniors) on Wednesday, October 12. Please watch your email for more details as we get closer to the exam date.
- Seniors: 2022-2023 SAT TEST DATES There is still time to register for the November 5 SAT by October 7. 2022-2023 ACT TEST DATES You can also register for the December 10 ACT with a registration deadline of November 4.
- Seniors: Senior College Application Workshops will be held this week on Wednesday after school in Anderson Lecture Hall.
- Senior & Junior Families: College Representative Visits to EHS continue this week. Please encourage your senior or junior student to register in their Naviance Student account. You can view all upcoming visits on our College Counseling calendar.
- Seniors: Are you planning to apply for financial aid in college? You can begin by creating your FSA ID here and then start your FAFSA. Be sure to visit our "Paying for College" page on Counseling Connections for more detailed information.
- Seniors: The first step to finding the money you need for college: Completing the FAFSA®. Join the experts from Sallie Mae for a discussion on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®). They'll share helpful tips and information to help you complete your FAFSA® and find the money you need to pay for college. If you are unable to attend, go ahead and register—they'll send you a link to the recording so that you don't miss this valuable information. Wednesday, October 5 at 7 p.m. ET | 6 p.m. CT Register Now.
More information and details can be found on our Counseling Connections page.
Parent Forum to Feature Wayne Jones: October 5
Parents, please join us on Wednesday, October 5, when EHS Director of Diversity, Community, & Inclusion Wayne Jones will be our featured speaker on the topic: "Building Community through Conversation and Communication: It is not as easy as it sounds." Come and hear about the challenges and important work of DCI!
Parent Forums meet in Anderson Lecture Hall on the first floor of our Brown Learning Resource Center and are also recorded for later viewing. Join us for a light lunch and conversation beginning at 11:30 a.m. The presentation will begin at 11:45 a.m. with time for Q & A before a 12:45 p.m. end time.
Parenting in Faith Class: October 5
On the first Wednesday of every month, parents are invited to come to the Bishop's Parlor in the Convent Building at 7:45 a.m. for coffee, donuts, connection, and the Parenting in Faith discussion from 8:00-8:30 a.m.
For the 2022-2023 school year, the chaplains will present ideas from The Hopeful Family: Raising Resilient Children in Uncertain Times as a starting point for discussion about parenting and the intersections of faith, family, meaning, and hope amidst life challenges. The topic in October will be "Forgiving: letting go to move forward." No reading or preparation is needed to attend!
Donations for Silent and Live Auction
Anyone can donate to the Auction! Be creative and think outside the box. There are landscapers, pool builders, interior designers, and home organizers who are continuing to thrive during these extraordinary times. Reach out to those around you and support them as we ask them to support EHS.
Here is the Item Donation link to make donating a breeze.
Save the date for our October Auction Luncheon!
Thursday, October 20 at the home of Lisa and Shawn Wendell. Click here to RSVP!
French Class Study Abroad Opportunity
For our students studying French at EHS:
If your student is interested in joining a private tour of France in June of 2023, the deadline is quickly approaching. Inquire with French teacher Roya McArthur to discuss details of this once-in-a-lifetime experience for your student. Ready to enroll? Visit the enrollment page and enter tour ID RMCARTHUR2023.
The deadline to receive a discount has been extended to October 15.
IndieFlix Film Angst for At-Home Family Viewing
On September 21 at our lunchtime Parent Forum and at the evening Choices Family Movie Night, we viewed the IndieFlix film Angst. It's a film about anxiety, and it includes interviews with children, teens, educators, experts, world champion swimmer Michael Phelps, and parents. The film offers information about the physiology and emotional impact of anxiety, as well as some instructive tips and coping skills for managing it.
A large number of parents who were able to attend voiced a desire for all EHS students, parents, and faculty to see the film. Choices Education Specialist Desiree Martinez is working with IndieFlix to make it possible for us to do just that for a limited time through a shared link we will make available in Windows soon.
Tuesday - October 4, 2022
3:00 PM - 3:45 PM
Wednesday - October 5, 2022
8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
Thursday - October 6, 2022
Monday - October 10, 2022
Tuesday - October 11, 2022
Wednesday - October 12, 2022
7:15 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday - October 14, 2022
Saturday - October 15, 2022
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Monday - October 17, 2022
11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Episcopal High School - 4650 Bissonnet Bellaire, Texas 77401
©17-18 EHS Windows | Director of Communications - Jessica Morales | email