Hello EHS Parents,
We hope you and your students were able to enjoy the long weekend! EHS would like to thank you for the outpouring of support from our very generous community; we are still finalizing results from Giving Day and will share with you when we have a solid number. Another highlight from last week was our annual Founders Day Chapel. The EHS community enjoyed the wise words of founder The Rev. Laurens A. Hall. We are so appreciative of the dedication of Rev. Hall and the other EHS founders.
EHS Fund: Every Knight, Every Year
Giving Day was a huge success!
Thank you to our families who have shown their support of EHS with a gift to the EHS Fund. We hope everyone will take this opportunity to demonstrate your vote of confidence in our School by making a gift or pledge by this Friday, October 14. No gift is too small. Help us reach our $1.85M goal by making a gift to the EHS Fund in honor of your favorite Pillar, faculty member, or class year!
Questions? Contact Lauren Turner, Director of Annual Giving, by email or phone 713-470-5043
College Counseling News
- Sophomores and Juniors: Please keep in mind you will take the Pre-ACT(sophomores) and PSAT (juniors) on Wednesday, October 12. You will be able to go home after the exam as classes are canceled to accommodate our students for testing. Please watch your email for more details.
- Juniors and Seniors: On the 14th of each month, October through December, 14 liberal arts colleges will come together to offer "15 Minutes of Tips" for the college application process followed by an hour-long virtual college fair (6:45 p.m. – 8 p.m.). Register here.
- Interested in a Military Academy? Plan on attending an event hosted at Lamar High School in the Grand Hall on Saturday, October 15, from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Juniors & Seniors: 2022-2023 SAT TEST DATES You can register for the December 3 SAT by November 3. 2022-2023 ACT TEST DATES You can also register for the December 10 ACT with a registration deadline of November 4.
- Junior & Senior Families: College Representative Visits to EHS continue this week. Please encourage your senior or junior year student to register in their Naviance Student account. Please view all upcoming visits on our College Counseling calendar.
- Seniors: Are you planning to apply for financial aid in college? You can begin by creating your FSA ID here and then start completing your FAFSA October 1. Be sure to visit our "Paying for College" page on Counseling Connections for more detailed information.
More information and details can be found on our Counseling Connections page.
Parent Forum to Focus on Teen Alcohol, Tobacco, and Vape Use: October 19
Parents, please join us on Wednesday, October 19, when Angela Koreth, Program Manager of Menninger Outpatient Services, will speak to us about the teen high-risk behaviors of alcohol use, tobacco, and vaping. Parent Forums meet in Anderson Lecture Hall on the first floor of our Brown Learning Resource Center and are also recorded for later viewing. Join us for a light lunch and conversation beginning at 11:30 a.m., and the presentation will begin at 11:45 a.m., with time for Q & A before ending at 12:45 p.m.
October's Religion Pillar Newsletter
A new Religion Pillar Newsletter is being sent to students, faculty, and staff members each month, and we will share it with parents through Windows. You can find October's issue here.
Each month's newsletter will feature reflections from the Dean of Spiritual Life and other faculty and students, dates about upcoming events in the pillar, features on service and chapel plans for the month, information from the Mental Wellness team and Choices Education Specialist, information shared by the student/faculty Spiritual Life Board, and a few photos of recent events in the Religion Pillar. The newsletter is targeted towards students, faculty, and staff, but parents may also access it through Windows each month.
IndieFlix Film Angst for Family Viewing This Week
On September 21 at our lunchtime Parent Forum and at the evening Choices Family Movie Night event, many of us were able to view the IndieFlix film Angst. It's a film about anxiety, and it includes interviews with children, teens, educators, experts, and parents. It offers information about the physiology and emotional impact of it, as well as some instructive tips and coping skills for managing anxiety. World champion swimmer Michael Phelps makes a moving appearance in the film, talking about his own struggles with anxiety.
A great number who were able to attend one of the viewings voiced a desire for all our students, parents, and faculty to see it, and our Choices Education Specialist Desiree Martinez has worked with IndieFlix to make it possible for us to do that through a shared link for a very limited time. Use the following link to view the film, which is available for you to access from 8:00 a.m. on October 11 until 8:00 a.m. on October 18.
Please also consider completing the survey for the film at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HM9DN23?OrgID=1491399962
Because the movie touches on sensitive subject material, we advise you to watch and discuss it as a family, and we encourage you to use this as an opportunity to open new avenues of conversation with each other. Should your children want to learn more or discuss anything further with one of our counseling team members, Ms. Singh and Ms. Luvisia are available. For questions regarding the video, please email our Choices Education Specialist Desiree Martinez.
Donations for Silent and Live Auction
Anyone can donate to the Auction! Be creative and think outside the box. There are landscapers, pool builders, interior designers, and home organizers who are continuing to thrive during these extraordinary times. Reach out to those around you and support them as we ask them to support EHS.
Here is the Item Donation link to make donating a breeze.
Save the date for our October Auction Luncheon! Thursday, October 20 at the home of Lisa and Shawn Wendell. Click here to RSVP!
French Class Study Abroad Opportunity
For our students studying French at EHS:
If your student is interested in joining a private tour of France in June of 2023, the deadline is quickly approaching. Inquire with French teacher Roya McArthur to discuss details of this once-in-a-lifetime experience for your student. Ready to enroll? Visit the enrollment page and enter tour ID RMCARTHUR2023.
The deadline to receive a discount has been extended to October 15.
Tuesday - October 11, 2022
Wednesday - October 12, 2022
7:15 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday - October 14, 2022
Saturday - October 15, 2022
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Monday - October 17, 2022
11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Wednesday - October 19, 2022
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Thursday - October 20, 2022
Friday - October 21, 2022
Saturday - October 22, 2022
Monday - October 24, 2022
Tuesday - October 25, 2022
8:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Episcopal High School - 4650 Bissonnet Bellaire, Texas 77401
©17-18 EHS Windows | Director of Communications - Jessica Morales | email