Hello EHS Parents,
The fall athletic season came to an exciting finish this weekend as the SPC gathered in Houston for championship weekend. Four EHS teams earned trophies and several programs enjoyed historic accomplishments in what may be the best weekend of fall athletics in quite some time. Read more about the excellent weekend here and relive a few of the special moments on our social media channels. Congratulations to all of our athletes and coaches!
In this edition:
- Fall production of Julius Caesar
- Grandparents Day details -- please remember to RSVP
- Check out Parenting in Faith and the Parent Forum
- Auction letters for our Greatest Knight Gala hit mailboxes last week
- Religion Pillar News
Interim Term Course Sign-Up Continues with Sophomores and Freshmen This Week
Registration for classes began with juniors last week and is staggered by grade level, such that upper grade levels have priority. All students should use the webpage linked below to review the course offerings and determine their preferences in advance of their registration date. Sophomores and freshmen should be on the lookout for an email from Mr. Clack with the courses that still have space. It is recommended that 10th and 9th graders prepare at least their top 20 preferences in the event that some courses are full with upperclassmen.
Registration Timeline for Interim Term Elective Courses:
November 8 in Advisory – Sophomores
November 11 in Family Chapel – Freshmen
November 17 — Final Deadline for All Grades
The Interim Term 2023 Course Offerings are available here.
EHS OnStage Presents a reimagined Julius Caesar
On Friday, November 11, EHS Onstage opens its second show of the season: William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. This classic tragedy recounts the plot to execute the famous Roman General by a group of conspirators who fear that he has become too powerful through the aftermath of that infamous murder on the ides of March. EHS Onstage Program Coordinator George Brock has reconceptualized the piece, setting it in a futuristic dystopian wasteland. The show will play Friday & Saturday night at 7:00 p.m. and Sunday at 3:00 p.m. in the Underwood Theatre. Admission is free for all!
As is a long-standing tradition, the Dads Club will provide a complimentary meal on Friday, November 11 at 6:00 p.m. Spaghetti with meat sauce, dessert, and a blood orange drink will be served.
On Saturday, November 12, the cast, crew, and creatives of the production will host middle school students with an interest in theatre for a hands-on workshop encompassing the production and what it's like to be a theatre student at EHS. For more information on any of this, please contact George Brock via email or call him at 713-512-3464.
Religion Pillar Newsletter
Please click this link to view our November Religion Pillar Newsletter, compliments of The Rev. Beth Holden.
November 16 Parent Forum to Focus on Navigating the Holidays & Managing Expectations
Parents, please join us on Wednesday, November 16, when private practice Psychotherapist Allison Marek will return by popular demand to speak on the topic, "Navigating the Holidays: Making It Meaningful & Managing Expectations."
Parent Forums meet in Anderson Lecture Hall on the first floor of our Brown Learning Resource Center and are also recorded for later viewing. Join us for a light lunch and conversation beginning at 11:30 a.m., and the presentation will begin at 11:45 a.m., with time for Q & A before ending at 12:45 p.m.
Grandparents Day is Friday, November 18
EHS grandparents are invited to join their grandchildren for Chapel in Alkek Gym, followed by lunch in the Scurlock Gym, beginning at 10:15 a.m. on Friday, November 18.
If your Knight's grandparents plan to join us, kindly reply to Lauren Turner.
College Counseling Announcements
- Applying to UT Austin or Texas A&M: The regular decision deadline is December 1. Don't wait until then to complete, review, and push submit. You will want access to your portal page to finish up the last items necessary for your application to be complete, so plan to have your application submitted by November 20.
- Seniors: Application Workshops: Trying to beat those November 15 early action deadlines? Join us for an application workshop this month: Wednesday, November 9 immediately after school in Anderson Lecture Hall.
- Seniors applying to UC Schools: Register Here for another opportunity to learn more about the Personal Insight Questions (PIQs) in the UC Application, what works and what doesn't, with specific examples from applications in the past. Tuesday, November 22, 7:00 - 8:15 p.m. CST (Virtual)
- Juniors & Seniors: 2022-2023 SAT TEST DATES You can register for the December 3 SAT with a late registration deadline of November 22. 2022-2023 ACT TEST DATES You can also register for the December 10th ACT with a late registration deadline of November 11th. This also applies to eager Juniors who want to get ahead with their testing.
- Seniors: Are you planning to apply for financial aid in college? You can begin by creating your FSA ID here and then start completing your FAFSA October 1. Be sure to visit our "Paying for College" page on Counseling Connections for more detailed information.
- AP Information: EHS is in the process of finalizing AP Exam registration for 2023. Please go to College Connections to learn more about AP exam dates and fees. Please reach out to Mrs. Toussant with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-ACT/PSAT Information: If you have any questions regarding the test, please email Mrs. Toussant.
- PSAT scores will be available via the student's College Board account in December. If your student does not yet have a College Board account, your student can create one by clicking here. It is highly encouraged students use their personal email addresses when creating College Board accounts. Parents, if you create your student's account, please share the information with your student. This account is used for future AP and SAT exam registrations. The College Board will email your student when scores are available to view using their account.
- Pre-ACT score reports will be available in paper format only.
- Paper score reports for BOTH Pre-ACT and PSAT will be sent directly to EHS and mailed home to families.
More information and details can be found on our Counseling Connections page.
Coffee with the Mental Health
Counselors and Chaplains
On the last Wednesday of each month, from 7:45-8:30 a.m., parents are invited to drop by the Bishop's Parlor for coffee and conversation with our counseling & chaplaincy team.
Drop in! Come with questions – or just enjoy some coffee! We'll see you on November 30.
French Students -- Travel to France
Passports has extended the $100 discount until December 1!
If your student would like to join their peers on this amazing trip to France June 4-13 with the French department, please reach out to Roya McArthur and she will assist you in enrolling.
Visit Passports here and enter ID: RMCARTHUR2023.
The Greatest Knight Underwriting Letters Mailed!
All families should have received their Auction Underwriting letter--this is your ticket to Auction night! Underwriters receive acknowledgement in Auction publications and invitations as well as preferred seating at the Auction. Beat the rush and register online, or mail your underwriter reply card (enclosed with your underwriting letter) to the Auction office. The deadline to register is Friday, December 9, 2022.
Click here for our Save-the-Date Video and a sneak peek of the excitement that awaits you on The Greatest Knight!
Tuesday - November 8, 2022
3:15 PM - 6:30 PM
Wednesday - November 9, 2022
Friday - November 11, 2022
Saturday - November 12, 2022
Sunday - November 13, 2022
Monday - November 14, 2022
Tuesday - November 15, 2022
Wednesday - November 16, 2022
Thursday - November 17, 2022
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Friday - November 18, 2022
Monday - November 21, 2022
Tuesday - November 22, 2022
Episcopal High School - 4650 Bissonnet Bellaire, Texas 77401
©17-18 EHS Windows | Director of Communications - Jessica Morales | email